I almost always find it challenging to decide what clothes to pack for international or domestic travel. I mean, what if I don’t feel like wearing that outfit once I’m there? #girlproblems #sorrynotsorry
When I discovered, the “clothing by day” packing method, and naturally applied my knack for being uber-organized and generally over prepared to it, my pre-travel anxiety over packing dissipated. What the heck is “clothing by day” you ask?
Here is a general outline of what I consider the “clothing by day” packing method:
- Create a list of the days you’ll be traveling
- Determine what type of outfit you’ll need each day; here’s my personal coding system:
- Travel = travel day
- Biz = business professional
- Casual = anything I want
- Fancy = can wear to a nice restaurant
- Club = dance-worthy outfit
- Beach = sand & sun friendly
- Pick out your outfits, by day, according to your list
- Only pack things you know you’ll love / be comfortable in!
Because I’m me, I still always bring an extra outfit, or at least an extra top that can be worn with a pair of jeans or something — you just never know!
If the “clothing by day” method isn’t for you, or you’re traveling for an extended period and daily outfits is not realistic, then my [clothing checklist packing list] may work better!
If you’re wondering whether I have a packing list for your destination, take a look [HERE].
Am I missing something you really, really want? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. Pin this!